Mould Removal - Floodwater Damage Melbourne
Mould and Mildew can contribute to many health issues if left unattended to. Many ways to remove Mould are just temporary solutions, as the root of the Mould is still there, it would just grow straight back.
The best way to get rid of Mould truly is by calling a professional to remove it for you. Depending on the seriousness of the Mould, we can kill it either using chemicals or we would have to strip the wall with the Mould on it.
To make sure that it's done professionally and safely, contact us and we will do it right.
The easiest form of mould that can be spotted is the most visible type of mould, called mildew, which are black spots at first, but then they often grow into larger colonies of mould. It’s the black stuff you see in the lines of your shower, outdoors, on damp walls, and on the surfaces of deck boards and painted siding, especially in the shaded, damp areas. A surface that is suffering from mildew is often difficult to distinguish from a dirty one. A way to test if it is mildew rather than just dirt, dab a few drops of bleach to the area. If the area becomes lighter after one to two minutes, it is mildew, if not, it is just dirt.
Mould is a massive nuisance. It shows up as block spots on siding, discolours drywall, blackens the grout lines in your shower, grows on and rots damp wood, and darkens decks. Even worse, it can be bad for your health. Mould releases microscopic spores that cause runny noses, irritation, sneezing and allergic reactions. Not only this, it can cause injuries and odors.
Mould is everywhere. Mould is a type of fungus that grows from tiny spores that float in the air. Mould has the ability to grow almost anywhere that spores happen to land and find where they moisture along with a comfortable temperature, which is between 4 and 38 degrees Celsius. Which means that this includes about every damp place in your home.
Toxic black mould: known as Stachybotrys chartarum, also known as Stachybotrys atra., is the most common type of mould and is commonly found in residential households. Black mould can release spores as it feeds on plaster, wood, carpet, insulation and a range of other common household building materials.
Toxic black mould can be costly to remove, and black mould exposure and black mold poisoning can cause a wide range of health problems, some of them severe. Understanding black mould symptoms and health effects can help you and your family identify these indicators and take swift action to protect your health and your home.
Lots of mould in my house?
If you have a high concentration of mould, you may smell it. If you detect the typical musty odor, check for mold on damp carpets, damp walls, damp crawlspaces and wet wood under your floors, wet roof sheathing and other damp areas. Clean up these infestations right away before they get worse, and see the following photos for prevention measures on how to remove mold.
What is Mould?
Mould causes allergies, asthma, and respiratory issues and in some cases can be fatal. All indoor mould growth is potentially harmful and should be removed promptly, no matter what types of mould are present or whether they can produce toxins. SoSafe has developed a mould management system to assist service companies and individuals in the removal and prevention of mould in commercial and residential applications.
Mould are living organisms that belong to the fungi family, they are microscopic in size and is characterized by its cotton-like features that may appear in colors such as gray, white, black, or green. The most common types of indoor moulds are Alternaria, Aspergillus, Cladosporium and Penicillium.
What Causes Mould?
Moisture - Mould starts to grow quickly when it lands on a surface that has moisture.
There are millions of mould spores in the air at any time. It’s when these air born spores attach to a surface that they begin to grow.
Mould moves from surface to surface when disturbed (e.g. wind), releasing spores - that are invisible to the naked eye - that float through the air and settle on a surface
No area in the house or office is immune to mould.
SOSAFE MOULD MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
SoSafe Spray Away - Internal surfaces cleaner.
SoSafe External Surface Revival pH Boosted - Exterior Surfaces Cleaner, suitable for stubborn stains
SoSafe Safe Air : Fogging Liquid – Use with fogging machines or in spray bottles.
SoSafe Safe Air Gel - Use in Air Cond intakes or any interior areas affected by mould, odours, bacteria's & some common viruses.
All of these options increase surface & air quality hygiene, creating healthier areas for people to work, live & play.
What Surfaces can SoSafe Mould Control Products (Spray Away / ESR PHB) be used on? - SoSafe mould control products are available for both exterior and interiors.
SoSafe Spray Away – with mould control has been specifically designed to kill mould and mildew in all indoor applications including tiles, wood, grout, fabrics, gyprock (plaster), silicone, enamels, metals, plastics, fiberglass, concrete and many other surfaces. SoSafe Spray Away is ideal to remove blood and other stains from fabrics.
SoSafe Spray Away is ideal for use on kitchens, bathrooms, cupboards, floor mouldings & on the following substrates (not limited to):
- Interior walls & ceilings
- Plaster walls
- Painted surfaces (on a damp rag)
- Polished concrete
- Grout and Metals
- Plastics, Marble & Granite
SOSAFE EXTERNAL SURFACE REVIVAL – PH BOOSTED
SoSafe ESR – pH Boosted is a powerful cleaner ideal for outdoor surfaces affected by weather deterioration, water, general build-up, grime, grease, oil, mould, fungus, moss and discolouration. A non-corrosive formulation that will clean almost any surface and has a residual effect that continues to protect the surface for up to 12 months from mould spore and fungus, after just one application.
SoSafe ESR - pH Boosted is a chlorine free, single part chemical with disinfecting characteristics. ESR PHB is safe for use on almost any surface and includes an environmentally friendly, biodegradable and naturally occurring ingredient.
Awards & Approvals; Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service (AQIS) Approval for use in meat export (soon to be renamed Australian BioSecurity). This allows SoSafe ESR to be used in food preparation areas including commercial kitchens, bathrooms and abattoirs as disinfectant.
ESR PHB is non-toxic, non-flammable, safe to use and has a Quick Break Formulation.
Available in; 5Lt, 25Lt, 200Lt, 1000Lt.
External Surface Revival (ESR) - pH Boosted - with mould control is the only proven solution to remove mould, moss, mildew, pollution, dirt, oil stains and other discoloration on hard surfaces including concrete, pavers, wood and tiles without the hassle of bleach or chlorine. SoSafe ESR PHB actively prevents mould and moss from returning for up to 12 months.
SoSafe ESR PHB is ideal for use on walls, rooftops, pathways, driveways, boats on the following substrates (not limited to):
- All Building exteriors
- Roof Tiles
- Sheet Metal
Which industry uses SoSafe mould Control Products?
- Major Hotel & Resort Chains
- Councils, Restaurants / Cafés
- Schools, Nursing Homes, Residential Care Facilities
- Sporting & Clubhouse Facilities
- any surface with mould & mildew
From mild allergic reactions such as wheezing, irritated nose, eyes, throat or lungs through to triggering asthmatic attacks. If mould affected materials are not properly cleaned, high levels of airborne mould spores may cause health risks for mould-sensitive people and pets caused by mycotoxins. Mycotoxin exposure at high levels can lead to more severe neurological problems. Prolonged exposure such as exposure where one sleeps can be particularly harmful.
SOSAFE SAFE AIR GEL PACKS & FOGGING LIQUID
When one person coughs, the whole office catches a cold. Not with Safe Air! SoSafe Safe Air the complete treatment systems developed by SoSafe partners for improved indoor air quality. University tests show SoSafe Safe Air inhibits the 20 most common bacteria, yeast and moulds that circulate through air conditioning systems. These bugs can cause flu-like symptoms, pneumonia, food poisoning, skin rashes, bleeding noses, conjunctivitis, scaled skin, infections, golden staph, ear infections and more.
- Reduce sick leave by up to 50%
- Improve health and safety of staff
Considering the well reported dangers of mould indoors, it’s time for safer air, with Safe Air! SoSafe Safe Air is a mould neutralizing gel that is truly amazing.
How Much Safe Air?
1 Kg. for every 1,000 square metres of floor space. Based upon normal conditions, that’s all you need. Safe Air is the Solution to Mould Pollution!!
HOW DOES SAFE AIR WORK?
Place the Safe Air Gel block in the air conditioner intake, or as close as possible (can also be used in well ventilated interior areas - place near a fan/duct). Once opened, natural evaporation occurs and Safe Air starts working immediately to neutralize and sterilise mould. Safe Air is not a perfume that conceals mould, Safe Air attacks the mould spores neutralizing the adverse effects leaving a cleaner, fresher, healthier place. Safe Air mould neutralizer is non-toxic, non-allergenic, non-staining, biodegradable, environmentally friendly and produced with natural Tea Tree Oil (the world’s most powerful natural antiseptic).
SoSafe Safe Air will neutralise mould where it occurs and is suitable for mouldy basements. Heating and air conditioning professionals, cleaning companies, professional duct cleaners, property owners and managers, real estate agents, use SoSafe Safe Air.
Safe Air Fogging Liquid – Available in 5Lt (can also be used in spray bottles if a fogging machine is not available)
Safe Air Gel – Available in 400gm, 1Kg, 4Kg and 20Kg packs
SOSAFE SAFE AIR SUSCEPTIBILITY TESTING!
AIRBORNE BACTERIA AND FUNGAL STRAINS
Microbiological testing was undertaken at Monash University to establish if SoSafe Safe Air inhibited and killed various microbes at given concentrations. Testing was done using the standard broth dilution method for bacterial and fungal strains. The minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) and the minimum bactericidal (killing) concentrations (MBC) and minimal fungicidal concentrations (MFC) were established against various airborne bacteria and fungi. Below is an explanation of the organisms tested, the diseases or ailments that they can cause and the level at which the SoSafe Safe Air kills it.
BACTERIAL STRAINS TESTED
- Escherichia coli (E.coli) *causes UTI (Urinary Tract Infection), traveler’s diarrhea (pathogenic strains of E.coli), nosocomal infections, gastroenteritis. Its minimum bactericidal concentrations are 0.3% and 0.3% mg/mL for tea tree oil and SoSafe Safe Air respectively.
- Serratia marcescens *causes UTI, hospital epidemics, septicemia, peritonitis, arthritis, and respiratory infections. Its minimal bactericidal concentration is 0.75% mg/Ml.
- Staphlococcus epidermidis *exists on the human skin naturally. It can stick to hospital equipment and cause infections in patients. It also affects prenatal children. Infections include boils, wound infection, and lung infections. Its minimum bactericidal concentrations are 0.1% and 0.2% mg/mL for tea tree oil and SoSafe Safe Air respectively.
- Staphlococcus aureus *is found in 25% of the population’s nasal passage. It is found in 100% of chronic skin disease victims. The disease causes, boils, would infections, lung infections, toxic shock, scaled skin infections, and food poisonings from food handling of infected food. It can also cause conjunctivitis of the eye. Its minimal bactericidal concentrations are 0.1% and 0.2% mg/mL for tea tree oil and SoSafe Safe Air.
- Enterococcus faecalis *grows in the intestinal tract and causes hospital acquired infections and UTI. Its minimum bactericidal concentrations are 1.0 % mg/mL for tea tree oil and 0.75% mg/mL for SoSafe Safe Air.
- Enterobacter aerogenes *causes UTI, and respiratory tract infections. Its minimum bactericidal concentrations are 0.3% and 0.4% mg/mL for tea tree oil and SoSafe Safe Air.
- Bacillus cereus *can cause food poisoning and diarrhea through contaminated food via the mouth. It can also cause septicemia, poisoning of the blood. Both minimum bactericidal concentrations for tea tree oil and SoSafe Safe Air were found to be greater than 1.0% mg/ mL.
- Micrococcus luteus *generally doesn’t cause problems. Natural flora of the skin, causes infections in immunocompromised patients. Its minimum bactericidal concentrations are 0.1% and 0.25 mg/mL for tea tree oil and SoSafe Safe Air.
YEAST STRAINS TESTED
- Candida albicans *is commonly found in the respiratory tract and vaginal tract of people. It can cause Thrush, or Candidiasis. Its minimum fungicidal concentration is 0.4% mg/mL for tea tree oil.
MOULD STRAINS TESTED
- Trichophyton rubrum *can cause skin diseases such Athlete’s Foot, Tinea and ring worm of the nails, beard and groin. Its minimum fungicidal concentration is 0.75 % mg/mL for tea tree oil.
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes *can causes dermatomycoses, i.e. body ringworm, nail ringworm, groin ringworm, beard ringworm and Athletes foot. Its minimum fungicidal concentration is 0.4% mg/mL
- Aspergillus niger *can cause Pneumonia in immunocompromised patients, skin infections in burn victims, corneal and external ear infections. Its minimum fungicidal concentration is 0.75% mg/mL for tea tree oil.
- Aspergillus flavus *cause similar infections as *Aspergillus niger. *. Its minimum fungicidal concentration is 0.75% mg/mL for tea tree oil.
To conclude, it is apparent that the growth of all bacteria and fungal strains tested were inhibited by SoSafe Safe Air. SoSafe Safe Air was shown to have bactericidal effects against most bacteria tested.
The SoSafe Safe Air at concentrations between 0.1% and 0.75% mg/mL killed the majority of the bacteria tested. These bacterium killed include *Legionella pneumophila*, the bacterium responsible for Legionnaires disease.
Overall the study shows significant effectiveness of SoSafe Safe Air to kill and inhibit selected airborne bacteria and fungal strains. The organisms tested could be readily identified within ductwork & air conditioning systems.
Mould can be an extremely hazardous spore that infests your home, whether it be black mould, blue mould, or white mould, all are unhealthy for humans to breathe in. To ensure that you and your family is safe from mould, contact us so that we can inspect it, isolate it, and remove it for you.